The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable development fee of $65. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If your accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
* For single person travelling alone we charge USD 40/night extra
* For two persons travelling together we charge USD 30/person/night extra
- We do not accept credit card as payment
- 50% payment is required while confirming the trip.
- 100% payment must be made one month prior to the arrival date of the group
- Full airfare must be made to purchase the air tickets.
Tour Cancellation Policy
- 10% charges for the tour cancelled before 50 days of arrival date- Depending upon peak season and off-peak season
- 50% cancellation charges for the tour cancelled before 30 days of arrival date – Depending upon peak season and off-peak season
- No refund for less than 25 days of arrival date and for any change of itinerary – Depending upon peak season and off-peak season
- The above policies are not valid for luxury hotels since Luxury hotels have their own cancellation and retention policies
Flight Cancellation Policy
- Documentation charge is mandatory (US$ 40/ticket)
- 80% refund permitted for the ticket cancelled more than 30 days from the first date of travel.
- 60% refund permitted for the ticket cancelled from 10-29 days from the first date of travel.
- 45% refund permitted for the tickets cancelled from 04-09 days from the first date of travel.
- 03 days or less no refund permitted.
- Rescheduled ticket not permitted for the refund.
- Reschedule fee: 03 DAYS OR LESS USD 50.00
Prior to your trip to Bhutan, you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday to the Tourism Council of Bhutan. You must wire the tour payment as per Tour Invoice provided by Bhutan Travel Coordinator as well as USD 40 (one time visa fee) to the Bhutan National Bank through one of their certified international partners with the Bhutanese tour operator specified as the ultimate beneficiary.
Please email the bank wire receipt copy to the local Bhutanese tour operator.